I love bread! Any kind, any way! One of my favorites is a pull apart bread. This bread is genius!! As if the inventor had a house full of kids. With this style bread everyone just digs in and grabs a piece and everyone gets the same size. With three kids, this is a must!! Happy baking!!
- 6 to 7 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp garlic salt
- 2 packages active dried yeast
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Place 5 cups of flour, the sugar, 1 tbsp garlic salt and yeast in bowl of electric stand mixer. Turn to low with dough hook and mix for 15 seconds. Combine water, milk and 1/4 butter in saucepan. Heat over low til liquids are warm, (120-130 degrees).
- Gradually add warm liquids to flour mixture, about 30 seconds. Mix 1 minute longer. Continuing on low, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on low for 2 minutes longer.
- Place dough in greased bowl, cover, let rise in warm place free of draft, (I put it in off oven) until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
|Punch dough down…|
|divide in half.|
|Grease two round pans and cut dough into about 12 equal parts.|
|Melt butter and dip each piece in butter…|
|dip into spice mix.|
|Place in a circle around the pan. Repeat with second pan and dough. Cover; and let rise in warm place without draft until double in bulk. Bake at 400 for 30-35 min. Remove from pan immediately and let cool on wire rack.|