Skinny Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 PIECE
2 Old Points
I have these over ripe bananas and I don’t want to throw them out. So, I decided to make a banana bread with them. Here is a light and fluffy bread, made without any oil or butter. The secret is the yogurt. Shhh, don’t tell. Happy, Healthy Baking!
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 large over-ripe bananas (mashed)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounce container strawberry low fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix brown sugar, bananas, egg whites, vanilla extract, and yogurt in another bowl.
- Carefully fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not over mix or bread with be tough!
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan.(if adding walnuts, do so here, place on top)
- Bake in oven until golden brown and when a toothpick comes out clean… about 45-50 minutes.